Friday, March 20, 2020

Asylum Seeking in Georgia

In 2015 when I applied for asylum in Georgia, I was sure to be accepted but unfortunately the response of the government was negative. I was surprised of the decision of Immigration Administration but understood that refusing is so popular. According to stats, more than 90% percent of applications for asylum has been refused in Georgia.
This joke is popular in community of asylum seekers in Georgia: 105% percent of asylum seekers are refused to be refugee in Georgia 😁 
 Generally it looks like Georgian government is not interested in absorbing many immigrants to the country included refugees. In my opinion, they barricade you which makes  this way long & very hard. During next posts I share my experience in this way to asylum seekers.   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment